Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Thursday 30 September 2010

Scottish Left Review

The latest edition of Scottish Left Review has been published. The current edition is a tribute to Jimmy Reid who was the driving force behind the creation of the journal.

For those not familiar with SLR it offers a space for original thinking and analysis on the political left. Contributors come from many political parties and none. This edition sets out a number of ideas for next year's elections and beyond.

I contributed an article on the Independent Budget Review, 'Three Wise men?', concluding not surprisingly, that they weren't very wise at all! There are also good articles on Scottish Water and how the Scotrail franchise could be brought back into public ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment